Thursday, April 2, 2009

25 Random Things About Me As A Bookworm

Last February, there was a popular survey in Facebook. It was the "25 Random Things About Me" survey. I got tagged lots of times. I never posted or replied to it because I couldn't come up with 25 random things about myself. I know that I could just mention anything about myself. But they're mostly lame and boring things about me that nobody would care about knowing.

During one of my trips to the bookstore, I enumerated things about me as a bookworm/bibliophile in my head. I came up with almost 20 facts. As soon as I got home, I wrote them down. I was able to come up with more than 25 facts. I narrowed the list to follow the format of the survey in Facebook. It was difficult but here they are.

1. A trip to the mall will not be complete without passing by in at least one bookstore.

2. I have different kinds of bookmarks.

3. I have a book database. I record the book's title, author, price, and date of purchase.

4. I give books as gifts.

5. I have a pile of unread books.

6. I have discount and loyalty cards from major bookstores like Powerbooks, Fully Booked, and National Bookstore (Laking National card).

7. I have accounts in Shelfari and Library Thing. But I'm more active in Shelfari.

8. I always have a book in my bag so that I could read wherever I go and save myself from boredom.

9. I am very OC when it comes to new books so I cover them with plastic.

10. I lend my books to my family and relatives only. I had experiences before of friends not returning my books. Ever.

11. I read different genres of books (children, young adult, classics, chick lit, fantasy, suspense, mystery, humor, general fiction, graphic novels, poetry, biography, non-fiction, etc.).

12. I attend book discussions.

13. I never buy movie-tie in editions. It's so tacky.

14. I always prefer the book over the movie version except in very rare cases (The Notebook, Slumdog Millionaire).

15. I own 98% of the books at home.

16. I still have the books I read when I was still in elementary and high school.

17. My favorite activity in class is storytelling time. It is the time when all the students (even the 2 and 3 year olds) give their full attention to listen to the story of the day.

18. I set aside money for books every pay day. I may not have the latest gadget or fashion item, but at least I have a new book.

19. I have a book blog.

20. I don't notice the time when I read and when I'm in a bookstore.

21. I alternately read at least 2 books.

22. I wouldn't date a guy who doesn't read books. School books and textbooks do not count. Ha!

23. I prefer books over e-books.

24. I am updated with bookstores' sales/discounts.

25. I spent my 24th birthday in a bookstore. I did not have a party there. I just spent most of my time there, browsing at books, together with my cousin.

:)

No comments: